The seminar will focus on:
- Why knee arthroscopy ‘clean up’ surgery is ineffective for arthritis
- The benefits of starting a Physiotherapy exercise program on knee pain and function
- Practical weight loss methods and how this can help knee pain
- Injections for knee pain
- Modern Knee Replacement Surgery and the role of Robotic Surgery in Knee Replacement
- Getting ‘fit’ before surgery and the benefits of exercise ‘prehab’
Dr Daniel Meyerkort works at Perth Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Centre and has subspecialty interest in knee replacement surgery, including the latest Robotic surgical techniques. He is passionate about optimising your health before surgery and has prospective research with Australia’s peak scientific body, the CSIRO, analysing the benefits of the CSIRO Low Carb Diet before knee replacement surgery.
Miss Anita Pieraccini is an experienced Physiotherapist with an interest in the treatment of knee arthritis. She is passionate about conservatively managing knee arthritis through exercise prescription, clinical pilates and hydrotherapy. Anita runs weekly hydrotherapy sessions every Monday at Beatty Park Leisure Centre for the treatment and management of knee pain.