By Dr Daniel Meyerkort – Perth Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine Centre
Robotic Knee Replacement Surgery is done by Dr Meyerkort as a No Gap procedure through all major health funds at Hollywood Private Hospital. This means that surgeons fee is fully covered by your private health insurance.
Details are provided below
- The surgical fee (surgeons fee) is fully covered for your robotic knee replacement at Hollywood Hospital.
- Standard consultation fees apply when you see Dr Meyerkort in West Perth or Canningvale. Medicare will cover a portion of your consultation fee. Private health insurance does not cover the consultation fee.
- Hospital admission fee – A fee is payed directly to the hospital for your admission. This amount is determined by the level of coverage through your private health insurance.
- Anaesthetic gap fee – Most anaesthetist’s will charge a gap fee for your surgery. Usually this fee is less than $500.
- Other costs – Imaging, blood tests and other fees may arise from your surgery.